The Raising of America | Screening and Discussion @ Kauffman Foundation Conference Center
Feb 26 @ 5:30 pm – 8:30 pm
Join us for the Kansas City premiere of The Raising of America. This documentary explores how a strong start for all children can lead to a healthier and more prosperous nation.
In this special sneak preview, you will also hear from an expert panel on what we can do as a society to improve opportunities for every child in the Kansas City region. Our panel, moderated by KCPT’s Nick Haines, includes:
• Shannon Cotsoradis, President of Kansas Action for Children
• Dr. Cynthia Lane, Superintendent of Kansas City, KS Public Schools
• Jim Caccamo, Director of Early Learning at Mid-America Regional Council
• Dr. Rex Archer, Director of Health, Kansas City, MO
• Peter Yelorda, former Executive VP at Blue Cross Blue Shield KC
• Dr. Denise Dowd, Pediatrician and Children’s Mercy Kansas City
… with a special welcome from Mayor Sly James of Kansas City, MO
Screening at 6:30pm, with panel discussion immediately following
The Raising of America Kansas City is a broad coalition of business, government, health, faith organizations, and education institutions committed to the principle that an investment in children is an investment in the future of our region.
KCPT Antiques Appraisal Fair @ Overland Park Convention Center
Jun 6 all-day
Support KCPT and have your items appraised by local experts on June 6 at the Overland Park Convention Center. Each pair of tickets allows for 2 people to enter the event, with 2 items each that may be appraised.