The Raising of America | Screening and Discussion @ Kauffman Foundation Conference Center
Feb 26 @ 5:30 pm – 8:30 pm
Join us for the Kansas City premiere of The Raising of America. This documentary explores how a strong start for all children can lead to a healthier and more prosperous nation.
In this special sneak preview, you will also hear from an expert panel on what we can do as a society to improve opportunities for every child in the Kansas City region. Our panel, moderated by KCPT’s Nick Haines, includes:
• Shannon Cotsoradis, President of Kansas Action for Children
• Dr. Cynthia Lane, Superintendent of Kansas City, KS Public Schools
• Jim Caccamo, Director of Early Learning at Mid-America Regional Council
• Dr. Rex Archer, Director of Health, Kansas City, MO
• Peter Yelorda, former Executive VP at Blue Cross Blue Shield KC
• Dr. Denise Dowd, Pediatrician and Children’s Mercy Kansas City
… with a special welcome from Mayor Sly James of Kansas City, MO
Screening at 6:30pm, with panel discussion immediately following
The Raising of America Kansas City is a broad coalition of business, government, health, faith organizations, and education institutions committed to the principle that an investment in children is an investment in the future of our region.