Breathless: Episode 3 VIDEO
Otto and Elizabeth’s strange marriage becomes plain. Jean forms an unlikely bond with Margaret. Mulligan breaks down. A climactic series of events is kicked off by a swimsuit contest. The intertwined fates of doctors, nurses, spouses and a police inspector converge.
In one of the most far reaching changes in U.S. meat inspection history, federal regulators this fall will allow poultry plant employees — instead of USDA inspectors — to help determine whether chicken is contaminated or safe to eat, a move critics fear could spread to beef and pork processing plants. Indeed, a severe shortage of federal inspectors in slaughterhouses is so widespread that critics and some inspectors claim some meat in supermarkets stamped as "USDA inspected" may never have been inspected at all. HOOKER, Okla. – Other girls dreamed of being doctors or teachers, but Jennifer Brdar’s dream job…
Actor Jeff Bridges talks to Charlie Rose about what drew him to the book "The Giver" by Lois Lowry -- and how he originally wanted his father to take the title role.
News reviewers Steve Kraske of KCUR, Lynn Horsley and Dave Helling, both of the Kansas City Star and Scott Parks of KMBZ discuss the week's top stories, including the latest election developments on both sides of the state line plus plans to put the "I" in KCI, who pays for the Missouri National Guard's presence in Ferguson, tax breaks and streetcars.
See a scene from the final episode of Breathless, starring Jack Davenport, before it premieres on Sunday, Sept. 7, 2014, 8pm on MASTERPIECE.
Out of the 8,000 full- and part-time law enforcement officers in Kansas, only 1 in 4 have been trained to handle crisis calls involving the mentally ill. Records show that 80 percent of the nearly 1,800 trained officers work in four high-population counties: Johnson, Sedgwick, Shawnee and Wyandotte. The other 20 percent – about 360 officers – are spread across police and sheriff’s departments in the remaining 101 counties. “We’re trying to address that,” said Rick Cagan, executive director of the National Alliance on Mental Illness in Kansas. “It makes sense to have most of your crisis-trained officers in your…