News reviewers Steve Kraske of KCUR, Lynn Horsley and Dave Helling, both of the Kansas City Star and Scott Parks of KMBZ discuss the week’s top stories, including the latest election developments on both sides of the state line plus plans to put the “I” in KCI, who pays for the Missouri National Guard’s presence in Ferguson, tax breaks and streetcars.
See a scene from the final episode of Breathless, starring Jack Davenport, before it premieres on Sunday, Sept. 7, 2014, 8pm on MASTERPIECE.
Out of the 8,000 full- and part-time law enforcement officers in Kansas, only 1 in 4 have been trained to handle crisis calls involving the mentally ill. Records show that 80 percent of the nearly 1,800 trained officers work in four high-population counties: Johnson, Sedgwick, Shawnee and Wyandotte. The other 20 percent – about 360 ...Continue Reading
This episode of Broadway: The American Musical features interviews with writer/producer Mel Brooks, actor Kristin Chenoweth, Walt Disney Corporation CEO Michael Eisner, actor/bookwriter Harvey Fierstein, composer/lyricist Jerry Herman, actor Nathan Lane, playwright/director James Lapine, producer Rocco Landesman, director Arthur Laurents, actor Idina Menzel, Nederlander Theaters chairman James Nederlander Sr., director Susan Stroman, and composer Andrew ...Continue Reading
According to the American Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, close to half of all children will experience school bullying at some point during their elementary or high school years. Bullying can threaten students’ physical and emotional safety at school and derail their ability to learn. Parents have a role to play in preventing bullying, ...Continue Reading
Joan Rivers recalls a prank that she played on Johnny Carson after her daughter, Melissa, was born. More from PBS Remembers: Joan Rivers