When you give a gift to KCPT through your will, you give the gift of discovery to future generations throughout the community: the child who discovers the joys of learning about math and science; the bus driver who discovers a love of opera; and the grandmother who explores nature and shares it with her family.
Through your generous legacy, you will make it possible for everyone to discover something new–and in doing so, you will make this a better and stronger community for generations to come. All of this is possible, while achieving your own personal, financial, and estate planning goals.
There are many ways to support KCPT in addition to being an annual contributor. You can make a gift to KCPT that costs nothing during your lifetime! Such giving techniques are called “Planned Gifts,” because with thoughtful planning, you create win-win solutions for you and KCPT.
Realizing the impact and influence of television either personally or through a loved one has led some individuals to help ensure the future of public television by providing for KCPT in their estate plans.
A planned gift can make your money serve several purposes and benefit you in the following ways:
• Your assets remain in your control during your lifetime while ensuring that you leave a legacy with an organization and cause you care deeply about, like KCPT
• Make a lasting gift to future generations by leaving a charitable bequest in your will
• Develop a charitable remainder or lead trust
• Donating stock, you can give stock and realize larger tax savings
• Establish a charitable gift annuity and get a monthly paycheck for life in return for your gift
• Donate real estate by gifting your home or property and, if you prefer, you can continue to live there and get a tax break— all at the same time
• Donate a life insurance policy or life estate
You can begin the process of leaving a lasting gift now by downloading the Legacy Society Form. If you have included KCPT in your estate plans or would consider For more information, please contact our Leadership Giving office today by calling 816-756-3580. KCPT’s Legal name is “Public Television 19, Inc.” and should be referred to in that manner in all legal documents including your Last Will & Testament and or Trust.
Robert S. Caldwell Abrams
Michael L. Abrams
Dr. Eliot Berkley
Lennie & Jerry Berkowitz Family Fund
Harvey S. Bodker
Terry L. Chronister
Dr. William & Mrs. Doris Edelman
Ronald R. Frederick
Joe & Corliss Jacobs
Jim & Lydia Kanki
Mrs. James Kennedy
Stephen & Karen Clegg
Lee A. Knox
Ellen L. Larson
Mr. & Mrs. Robert McClellan
Frank & Nancy Mirikitani
Dr. Allen & Debra Parmet
Margaret & Ronald Pearce
Pamela J. Purtell
William T. Reed
Mr. & Mrs. Donald Rogers
John & Irma Stous
Jonah & Alice Wright