Kansas City PBS has two current open positions: Donor Relations Manager.
KCPT is seeking a Donor Relations Manager. The Donor Relations Manager will coordinate all activities, solicitations and engagements for KCPT’s Annual Leadership Giving Society. Under the leadership of the Director of Major Gifts, the Donor Relations Manager will collaborate with management, Board of Directors, other leadership volunteers and professional development staff to facilitate a successful major donor campaign annually.
- Qualify and cultivate prospective donors, developing and proposing strategies for solicitation of annual commitments to the Producers Society ($1,000 and up)
- Maximize donor loyalty by coordinating an effective program for recognition, involvement and stewardship of annual Producers Society level gifts.
- Create and fulfill, in collaboration with the major gifts team, a cultivation plan for donors and prospects to drive significant increases in unrestricted individual annual gifts.
- Work with Major Giving staff to convert current Producers Society members to a transformational gift level.
- Coordinate donor acknowledgement process for gifts of $1,000 or more.
- Facilitate event logistics for Producers Society members.
- Prepare and maintain requisite materials to support the Major Gifts program, including invitations, signage, website content
- Coordinate the tracking of Major Gifts and moves management through the daily use of the donor database.
- Prepare acquisition, renewal, and cultivation mailings
- Collaborate with other departments to secure information for Major Gift solicitations and cultivation efforts.
- Manage onboarding process for new donors to ensure regular connections and maximize opportunities for future giving.
- Provide gift management services including database entry, gift tracking and follow up for donor giving $500+ and assist the Membership team in executing a middle donor plan.
- Manage on-air presence for the Producers Society and Legacy Society in collaboration with the Chief Development officer and the Director of Major Giving.
- Manage donor gratitude program for donors of $500+ ensuring each is personally thanked by KCPT staff.
- Manage ongoing communication and outreach to members of the Producers Society through in-person visits, emails, mail and phone calls.
- Collaborate with the membership team to provide cultivation and engagement opportunities for gold and platinum members through experiences and regular communication.
- Assist with the donor experience at 909 sessions including email invitations, studio set up/clean up and greeting all guests.
- Assist with on-air funding drives and station events as needed.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE REQUIRED (an equivalent amount of training, education and experience will be considered):
- Passion for KCPT’s mission and organizational values and possesses an interest in learning more about the organization and the community we serve.
- Undergraduate degree preferably in marketing, public administration, non-profit management, or public relations.
- Minimum three (3) years or more experience in an individual giving program.
- Knowledge of local and regional philanthropic market.
- Proven ability to analyze, plan, initiate and complete donor initiatives in a strategic manner.
- Superior customer service skills with experience working directly with donors and volunteers.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to effectively and concisely communicate complex issues.
- High levels of initiative, ability to achieve financial and non-financial objectives and adherence to ethical standards.
- Experience working in a team environment.
- Ability to sometimes work a flexible schedule including nights and weekends.
If interested in this exciting opportunity, send cover letter, resume and salary requirements to email@example.com. Please include in your cover letter how you found out about this position. KCPT is an E-Verify, Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.