JOB TITLE: Senior Director, Radio Operations for The Bridge
REPORTS TO: President & CEO
FLSA CLASSIFICATION: Salary/Exempt
JOB SUMMARY: Manages the day to day business functions of The Bridge and responsible for ensuring that the station meets all regulations set forth by the Corporation for Public Broadcasting (CPB) and FCC, ensuring that The Bridge stays 'on the air.'
● On-air radio host.
● Manages Radio Station personnel.
● Manage the addition of new music to the playlist with Music Director.
● Manage execution of radio pledge drives, mail campaigns, and all other membership efforts alongside development team.
● Develop and execute on air stunts.
● Seek and develop potential / new on air talent.
● Implement training programs for ongoing staff development.
● Work with marketing team to ensure consistency in brand /voice and ongoing promotional efforts.
● Create station and membership branding to enhance the listeners experience and engagement.
● Manage radio budget.
● Work with digital and social team to better connect on air product with online and social.
● Actively pursues major giving leads with CDO.
● Client development with sales team to maximize revenue opportunities.
● Responsible for execution of strategic plan for The Bridge to help build audience and increase community support through programming and outreach.
● Commitment to always advancing the Radio Station and representing our interests in and out of the office.
● Manages daily office functions and resolves issues and discrepancies.
● Generates reports and tracks information for required CPB (SAS-Radio) and FCC reports.
● Performs other duties as assigned by the CEO.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE REQUIRED (An equivalent amount of training, education and experience will be considered):
● Minimum 5 years of experience with radio broadcast management.
● Minimum 5 years of experience with a federal regulatory entity.
● Minimum 5 years of experience with radio on-air and productions.
● Minimum 3 years of experience with non-profit fundraising preferred.
● Working knowledge of broadcast technical infrastructure and operations
● Business administration capabilities and best practices when dealing with sensitive information.
● Aptitude and ability to quickly learn and apply in-depth federal regulations from CPB and FCC.
● Ability to work in a team oriented environment.
● Excellent organizational and time management skills.
● Proficient computer skills.
● Strong leadership and communication skills, both oral and written.
● Highly developed analytical abilities with a strong attention to detail and accuracy.
● Bachelor's degree in a field related to position responsibilities preferred.
To apply, please send resume, references and cover letter to email@example.com. Include in your cover letter your salary requirement, how you found out about this position and previous experience that would be beneficial for this role. KCPT is an E-Verify, Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.