Membership Coordinator - KTBG, 90.9 The Bridge
Provides support for Membership, Major Giving, On-Air Fundraising and Community Partnership efforts.
- Analyze data from fundraising, radio, and digital sources to understand the current public media landscape.
- Coordinate and execute our annual membership survey.
- On-air fundraising
- Create and manage on-air fundraising drive messaging.
- Find, cultivate, and coordinate guest hosts to be on-air talent during fundraising.
- Produce and execute on-air pledge drives.
- Coordinate with promotions/marketing team to develop all materials needed for on-air pledge drives.
- Work with Major Giving and Corporate Support to secure and promote challenge grants.
- ONLINE FUNDRAISING
- Utilize email marketing tools to manage membership emails—utilizing segmentation and automation functions to create a more aggressive online fundraising presence.
- Coordinate vehicle donation program.
- Update online copy around membership giving.
- CUSTOMER SERVICE
- Respond to KTBG membership customer service calls and emails.
- Process all incoming contributions from KTBG donors and enter gift information into membership database daily.
- Update mailing information and gift entering.
- Write fundraising copy for website, letters, emails used for donation solicitation.
- Work in conjunction with The Bridge leadership and membership department to take full advantage of projects, events, and concerts in line with The Bridge brand with the purpose of cultivating new listenership, membership, and current donor stewardship.
- Work with KCPT Events & Volunteer Coordinator to plan and execute projects, events and concerts.
- Serve as member of The Bridge team for special projects as assigned.
- Serve as member of KCPT development team for special projects as assigned.
- Provide administrative support that includes ordering supplies, preparing purchase orders, making travel arrangements, preparing correspondence, and assisting with mailings.
Education and Experience RequiredAn equivalent amount of training, education experience will be considered.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Excellent public and written communication skills.
- Extensive computer skills including Word, Excel, Relational Database, Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop.
- Work well under minimal supervision.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Fundraising/non-profit experience preferred
Please send resume, references and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include in your cover letter your salary requirement, how you found out about this position and previous experience that would be beneficial for this role. KCPT is an E-Verify, Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
Development Coordinator, KCPT / The Bridge
Job SummaryPerforms administrative and donor engagement activities in support of the sustainer programs as a part of the Membership team. The Development Coordinator will work closely with both the Membership and Major Giving departments at KCPT/The Bridge and interact with donors from both of those cohorts. The Development Coordinator will be expected to provide quality work and operate independently, while serving as the main point of contact for the sustainer programs for KCPT and The Bridge.
- Maintain and manage communications with current and past sustaining members, ensuring a positive donor experience.
- Work with sustaining members to validate and update credit card information.
- Facilitate donation upgrades for existing members. This will primarily be done through personal interactions, phone calls, emails and letters.
- Assist the membership department with donor engagement activities, from the planning to execution of select events.
- Create and facilitate new opportunities to increase donor retention, in regards to both sustainer programs.
- Foster productive relationships with other departments inside KCPT.
- Create and use queries to better understand the KCPT and The Bridge sustainer programs.
- Maintain and manage all aspects of the sustaining donor records in the Membership database. (MEMSYS)
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE REQUIRED (An equivalent amount of training, education and experience will be considered):
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Strong multi-tasking and time management skills.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including occasional nights or weekends.
- Strong communication skills.
- Excellent Internet research abilities.
- Previous customer service skills.
- Previous experience in a donor database preferred.
- Must possess a deep appreciation for the value of public media
Send cover letter and resume to email@example.com or 125 E. 31st, Street, Kansas City, MO 64108. KCPT is an E-Verify, Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.