There are many ways to support KCPT in addition to being an annual contributor. You can make a gift to KCPT that costs nothing during your lifetime! Such giving techniques are called "planned gifts" because with thoughtful planning, you create win-win solutions for you and KCPT.
Whatever your stage in life, it is a good idea to think about and plan for how your affairs will be handled. A few simple steps today can give you peace of mind tomorrow by ensuring that you and your loved ones are well protected.
Your estate plan can also be used to support charitable causes that matter most to you, such as the quality programs and education services offered to our community by KCPT – Kansas City PBS.
Planned giving can make your money serve several purposes and benefit you in the following ways:
KCPT’s legal name is “Public Television 19, Inc.” and should be referred as such in all legal documents, including your Last Will and Testament and/or Trust.
- Ensure that you leave a legacy with an organization and cause you care deeply about, like KCPT, while keeping assets in your control during your lifetime.
- Make a lasting gift to future generations by leaving a charitable bequest in your will.
- Develop a charitable remainder or lead trust.
- Donate stock. You can give stock and realize larger tax savings.
- Establish a charitable gift annuity and get a monthly paycheck for life in return for your gift.
- Donate real estate by gifting your home or property, and if you prefer, you can continue to live there and get a tax break — all at the same time.
- Donate a life insurance policy or life estate.