Download the entry form below and send it in with in your stories and illustrations now through March 29, 2019.
2019 PBS Kids Writers Contest
Calling all authors and illustrators in Kindergarten through 3rd grade!
Send in your best stories and illustrations to KCPT’s 2019 PBS KIDS Writers Contest, now through March 29, 2019.Entries will be judged on creativity, story structure and illustrations. Winners will be notified by email in mid-May, and prizes will be awarded to 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place winners in each grade. Winning stories will be featured on kcpt.org.
How to Enter:
- Story must be original work of the child
- At least 5 illustrations required
- 50-200 word count for K-1st grade
- 100-350 word count for 2nd-3rd grade
- Please see entry form for complete contest rules
- Entries must include completed entry form as well as story
3 Ways to Enter:
- Submit online
- Email entries to firstname.lastname@example.org. Submissions should be in PDF format in two files: one PDF containing the entry form and one PDF containing the entire story with illustrations. Please include author’s name, grade, and story name in the subject line of email (e.g. Suzy Smith, 2, The Five Bears).
- Mail entries to: KCPT Writers Contest , c/o Kathy Van Lieshout, 125 East 31st Street, Kansas City, MO 64108. Stories must be on 8 1/2 x 11 inch paper, unbound.