Download the entry form below and send it in with in your stories and illustrations now through March 29, 2018.
Calling all authors and illustrators in Kindergarten through 3rd grade!
Send in your best stories and illustrations to KCPT’s 2019 PBS KIDS Writers Contest, now through March 29, 2019.Entries will be judged on creativity, story structure and illustrations. Winners will be notified by email in mid-May, and prizes will be awarded to 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place winners in each grade. Winning stories will be featured on kcpt.org.
How to Enter:
- Story must be original work of the child
- At least 5 illustrations required
- 50-200 word count for K-1st grade
- 100-350 word count for 2nd-3rd grade
- Submit stories on 8 1/2 x 11 inch paper, unbound
- Please see entry form for complete contest rules
- Entries must include completed entry form as well as story
Email entries to firstname.lastname@example.org. Electronic submissions should be in PDF format in two files: one with the entry form and one the entire story with illustrations. Please include author’s name, grade, and story name in the subject line of email (E.g. Suzy Smith, 2, The Five Bears). Or mail entries to: KCPT, c/o Kathy Van Lieshout, 125 East 31st Street, Kansas City, MO 64108.
Questions? Email email@example.com